Wednesday, October 20, 2021

1971 Roberta's Letter -Nov.2

 

(election day)
Nov. 2, 1971

Dear Family,

Hi!  I go to work in about ten minutes so all I'll be able to do is start this.

I did check with Lt. Heinlein yesterday about what Linda said about the eye requirement and she is 100% right.  I told him I thought people in the Police Science program should be told this.  He agreed.  There are two other people in our class that do wear glasses -- I wonder if they know.

Nicky Cruz was really good Sunday.  Tho he had quite an accent -- had to really concentrate.  It lasted alot longer than I thought it would.

I suppose John told you all that we got lost getting there but we still got there in good time.

Since I'm so unsure now about my major I'm thinking all the more seriously about going to evening school, and working full time.  I just can't see going to college if I don't know what I'm here for.  Time will tell . . . .

I'm now at work, don't have to start for about five minutes tho.  Today I got to sleep in till about 8:00.

Pat went home this morning to vote.  Do let me know how the election turned out in New Vienna --

I don't think I'll be coming home this week-end.  I'd like to stay here and get the report done for Crime Prevention class.  Trouble is that it's suppose to be a group project and the other two are in no big hurry to do anything.  It's not due till the 29th of November but I'd still like to get it out of the way.

Mary Ferguson (from GFC) sent me a big box of cookies.  I got them in the mail when I got back Sunday night.

I just picked up my check today before work.  Pretty good check (almost $40.00) -- too bad it's another two weeks before I'm paid again!!

This Friday I'm going to go to the Optical place.  Also to the Court-House about some more info about drugs.  Did Sheriff Osborn call you all up about any information?

Well, I better be closing.  Do tell Grandma & everyone hello for me.

Love in Christ,
Bert

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album