Sunday, October 10, 2021

1981 Catherine's Letter -Oct.19

 

Monday, October 19, 1981

Dear Mother, Dad, Mary & Mie Young,

Hi!  It sure was nice having you to visit -- seemed so brief though.  Sorry the weather couldn't have been a little better but I guess it didn't really stop us from doing anything.

As expected we have been busy since you left.  On Thursday I took Wendy with me to work and let her stay for story hour.  After I took her to Day Care I got to feeling worse and worse and finally had to go home when I started vomiting.  I must have had a different version of what Wendy had on Monday.  I felt better on Friday  and was able to go back to work which was good as I didn't want to miss the festivities at the Elks over the weekend.  They had a real good crowd both Friday and Saturday nights -- estimated at 350 attendance for the special session that honored the charter members.  Gerry read off the names of all the charter members as they were presented pins and then he also read the names of the 66 deceased charter members.  He got lots of compliments as his voice came through strong on the microphone -- it was a good presentation.  We were able to take Wendy with us for the continental breakfast on Saturday and Sunday and also to a party on Saturday afternoon for the "VIP's".  The club took in $7400 (including dinners) for the weekend as compared to the income for the month of September which totaled $6800.

I am now at the library.  Wendy and I have been riding to work with Gerry in the morning and then spending some time here before she goes to school.  This morning she about had a fit as I brought cereal for her to eat but I forgot her toast.  You'd think it was the end of the world.

I had to type an article this morning about the Elks Anniv. for the Madras Paper.  I'll have to take that over later on.

Some people I had met previously from Rajneeshpuram came into the library on Friday and said that Prahtima (our guide) told them that we had been there.  The girl that I talked to on Friday's name is Probbode.  She said they can either keep their original names or the Rajneesh will give them a new one which ever they prefer.  I have an article I hope to include about how they are trying to incorporate in Wasco County.  Probably because Jefferson County has given them alot more hassle.

I also had an article to send you about the town of Brothers but I left it at home so will try to send it to you next week.  Or wait until this afternoon to send this off.

Wendy has finally calmed down about her lack of toast and is off looking at books.

Bunco was changed from last Thursday to this Thursday which was OK by me since I was sick on Thursday.  Tonight I have AAUW and on Wednesday is Lady Elks which I will probably skip -- can't do everything.  Gerry has meetings this week on Tuesday and Thursday so it will be another busy week.

Serena called last Wednesday evening thinking that you would still be there.  Sorry you missed her call.  We got your post card today.  You must have gotten home very late.  Thanks for everything.  Hope you will be able to visit again soon!

Love,
Catherine, Gerry & Wendy

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album