Tuesday, October 19, 2021

1991 MV's Letter -Nov.1


 11/1/91

Dear Mom & Dad --

So glad you all called on Sunday!  I have not had the energy or presence of mind to do anything but work, eat and sleep.  I've been tired all along, but about 3 weeks ago the nausea started and I've not felt very well since.  So I'm trying to eat several small meals (which helps) but I still feel pretty rough (normal until 2nd trimester).  So I eat breakfast, lunch #1 about 11AM, #2 about 2:00, Dinner about 4:00 and then a snack about 8:30.  I feel like all I do is eat & cook at home!

I don't remember if Don told you that he will be appointed elsewhere for sure in June because the church will not be able to pay him full time.  So we'll find out where probably late Spring.  Should be interesting to move at 9 months pregnant!

This Friday we're going to Lexington for a concert, spend the night, then Don has a class field trip on Sat. morning.  Then Saturday noon his youth group is coming up to Fayette Mall to eat, shop and go to Lexington Ice Center for skating.  It will be a full day.

Next weekend, Lorraine, husband & baby are coming to visit for the first time.  I think they're coming Friday Night thru Sunday.

I think Don told you that we got some inexpensive unfinished furniture that we plan to put together this week, then he will paint, to kind of replace the stuff which my missionary friend loaned us.  I am anxious to see what it looks like.

Guess that's about all -- looking forward to your visit whenever you can come.  We'll be up Christmas day and probably stay until Friday.

Love --
M.V. & Don 

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album