Wednesday, October 13, 2021

1971 Roberta's Letter -Oct.26

 

Oct. 26, 1971

Dear Family,

Hi!  I'm now at work -- but don't have to start for about ten minutes.  On Tuesday I'm a "checker", so I' still not all that busy (at first).

I just got done eating my lunch -- trouble is that it's only 10:30 and I'll be hungry for supper about 3:00 this afternoon.

Last night I finished my American Lit paper which is due this afternoon.  I just hope we don't have another one to do for a LONG time, as writing it was like pulling teeth.  Then while I was typing it two screws fell out of my type-writer.  One I got back in -- hopefully in the right place -- but the other I couldn't figure out where it went.  But, I think it has something to do with the tabs, as they no longer work.  If & when I have time I'm going to take it & get it fixed.

Mary & Larry Ledford came down & got Diane about 6:00 Sunday night.  They gave me ALL the sheets.   (Thanks)  OH -- last night about 11:00 p.m. Pat & I went down to the Linen room to get her clean sheets out and to put my dirty ones in.  Well -- there was a sign on the door that said the Linen room closed at 10:00 p.m., but then the door was unlocked so we went in any way.

About five minutes later when we tried to get out, we realized we were locked in!!!  So we knocked, yelled & knocked & yelled some more.  Finally someone came down from the lobby & got us out.  (The Linen room is in the basement).

Yesterday as I was walking back from class I met Kathy Kenny Wallen.  She said they were living near Xavier University.  I didn't know till yesterday that she was going here.

Nicky Cruz is going to be speaking at Music Hall -- in Cincinnati this Sunday at 3:00 if it all works out I want to be back to hear him.

Saturday Jeanne went to Middletown by bus.  Since I was experienced at taking city buses & getting to the bus station she wanted us to go along.  We got down there about 11:00, as the bus was suppose to leave about 11:30.  Well, the bus left at 10:30, but she got the next one at 1:00.  Then she had to go to Hamilton -- by way of about 10 stops.  Had to change buses at Hamilton -- finally got to Middletown about 3:30.  

She was scared about getting back -- but luckily the people brought her back.

While we were down at the bus station at 11:00 we saw Diana (works at J & Dub).  She was on her way home from Florida.  She had gotten in to Cincy about 9:30 A.M. and didn't leave till that 1:45 bus to Wilmington.

Shelly Purtee had an appointment Monday at Wilmington College about transferring there next term.

Well I better be closing.  Do tell Grandma & everyone that I say hello.  Will see everyone this week-end.

Love in Christ,
Bert

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album