Monday, October 18, 2021

1981 Catherine's Letter -Nov.1

 

Sunday, November 1, 1981

Dear Mom, Dad, Mary & Mie Young,

Hi!  I am with Wendy and two of her friends at the playground -- not the park but the one at the Elementary School.  It is a beautiful day -- sunshine, blue sky, temperature about 65º.  Wendy stayed all night with them last night and then we all went out for brunch this morning.  Later we will be going to the Elks.  I have to do the payroll today and I still haven't finished the quarterly profit/loss report for the Lodge.   I have had a hard time with it as there were deposits made which I didn't have receipts for and money was transferred from one account to another several times causing further confusion.  Hopefully I can get it all straightened out soon.

We didn't have too many trick or treaters although we were gone for about an hour.  Wendy wore her mask that you gave her -- she went with her two friends (daughters of Dave the club mgr) who she stayed with.  We carved her pumpkin on Thursday night and took some pictures so we can send you some.

This coming week Gerry and I both have meetings on Tuesday night.  Gerry has House Committee and I have AAUW book group at the library.  We are going to see a film on sexism in children's books which should be interesting.  I'll have to let you know which books are discussed -- some of them I know of are: Petronella, Pippi Longstocking, Molly Patch & her animal friends, and Maggie B.  We just got a new picture book called Beast by Meddaugh which is a cute story in which the girl is a hero.  I have ordered some other new children's books which haven't arrived yet.  The hottest adult item right now is Indecent Obsession by Colleen McCullough author of Thorn Birds.  Everyone wants to read it.

There is a meeting in Redmond on Thursday of LOCO.  I think I will send Debbie since I went to the  workshop last week.  Give her some district exposure.

Got to go.

Love,
Catherine, Gerry & Wendy

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album