Tuesday, October 26, 2021

1971 Roberta's Letter -Nov.9

 

Nov. 9, 1971

Dear Family,

Hi!  I'm now at work -- can't hardly beat a job like this!!

Shelley & I made it back to school fine about 4:30 Sunday night.  Cincinnati didn't have near the snow we had.  Or maybe it already melted by the time we got here.

I had Aunt Mary's carbon copy waiting for me when I got back to school.

Pat made it back last night.  Guess she got here in time for her classes yesterday.  After supper we went over to her car & got the COLOR T.V.!!  Gee -- we're living in class now!!  Would you like to hear what we watched last night?  First there was the news, then Lucille Ball, Doris Day, My Three Sons, and "Arnie".  Um -- maybe there was something between the news & Lucile Ball. I really can't remember as all this time I had my American Lit book OPEN!!

I think tonight if the T.V. is on, I'm going to have to force myself to go to the study room.  As I've got the "traditional" Criminal Law test tomorrow.  (Vocationional Interest test) It's pretty bad when you have to let a machine tell you what to do.

The more I think about it, the more I don't want to go to school next term -- that is full time.  But I would like to take two evening courses.  I'm going to go & talk to the evening school people either this afternoon or tomorrow afternoon.

I'm almost positive sure I could get a job (full-time).  Especially since I'm willing to lower myself to be a waitress (HA, HA!)  Or as Lucy Hildbrant said --I could take care of "old ladies".

don't think I'll be coming home this weekend.  Of course by Friday it may be a different story.

Next Monday is the day that Gloria (from J. & Dub) & some others are coming down to the Paul Dixon show & then make a day of it.  I wrote them last night & said they better count me OUT!  Now -- how about that??

It is a nasty old day out today -- raining & cold.  The weather sure did change in less than a week!!

Hello to Grandma -- How do you like my room?  I bet "it" feels different now -- being kept neat for a change!!

If you're (anyone) over at Americare do tell Mrs. Matthews & Lucy Hildbrant hello for me.

I better close --

Love in Christ,
Bert

P.S. I did talk to my advisor yesterday -- now I've even got less faith in this school than before!

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album