Saturday, October 23, 2021

1971 Catherine's Letter -Nov.5

 

November 5, 1971

Dear Mom, Dad, Serena, John, Mary, Grandma, and Roberta,

Hi!  Winter has arrived here.  It snowed on Wednesday and I finally decided to quit wearing my summer clothes.

Life seems to be rushing madly by.  Except for classes which go pretty slow.  After having gotten used to 10 week quarters at K. the 16 week semesters at Western seem to go on forever.  We're both doing pretty well in them, though.

I got a call from Ambassador Travel this morning wanting to know if I could key punch 8-10,000 addresses for them in the next two weeks.  It's worth $45-75 to them so I'm going to find the time.

We are planning to come down for Thanksgiving, all four of us.  We'll bring our sleeping bags if you don't think there were will be room for all of us to sleep.

We drove up to Rockford yesterday where there is a factory outlet for Wolverine (Hush-puppies) shoes.  Dick got a really nice pair of boots for $11.

Sorry to hear about Mrs. Rudisill.  Things like that are always tragic.  

I'm glad you like the cereal, Dad.  I had never tried that kind but it was similar to the brand I did buy once.

We have to go into town to look at some reference books now since we have that class tomorrow so I'll be signing off.

Love,
Catherine & Dick

P.S. I did get a new check from DP&L so that is all straightened out now..

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album