Wednesday, October 27, 2021

1981 Roberta to HH -Oct.26

 



10-26-81

Happy Birthday Dad!!  As always wish I could be there to join you all in celebrating your birthday!!

Wednesday was the day of Marilyn's Memorial Service -- held at the Sr. Center.  Sid King (the ex-husband) wanted me to speak.  It was a very hard thing to do.  But afterwards several people said they hoped I could say something at their service.  That left me speechless -- couldn't really say "I'd be happy to do it."  -- The family & others wanted a copy of what I'd said -- so typed it up & will include a copy.  It was my 1st time back to the Sr. Center -- There were about 125 people there -- a full house!!

We are busy working toward our Nov. 4th open date.  Getting all the necessary inspections -- etc. worked out.  A good experience for me.  I've gotten a book from the PHX library (1¼ mile from Metro branch) on "Home Repairs any woman can do".  It's hard reading for me!!

Again -- Happy Birthday & I sure appreciate you Dad -- even tho I don't always say it with words.

Thanks for the phone call -- if it works out -- DO COME at Christmas.

Much Love,
Roberta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album