Tuesday, October 12, 2021

1981 Roberta's Letter to GHU -Oct.20




Monday PM 10-20-81
Dear Grandma,

Hi!  Thanks for your letter -- and YES I sure know what you mean by "every day seems to be full."  I'm glad to hear of Joe's visit -- glad that all of you got up to see John & Carol.  Wish I were close enough that you folks could have driven over to see me too that day!!

We went up to the cabin yesterday just for the day.  Was really a beautiful day.  We put anti-freeze in the toilets & all the water lines -- sure don't want the plumbing to freeze up there!

It looks like now I'll be moving next week -- but then I've said that for the last few weeks!  At this point I've got most stuff moved over there! -- Except for the furniture -- and that we plan to have it professionally done!!  With the truck I've really been able to haul over the boxes of stuff -- plus much small pieces!

Remember us going to the hospital to see Marilyn -- who had been in since 12th July?  She died last night -- a memorial service is going to be at the Senior Center -- where I met her -- I'm to give a short talk -- sure not looking forward to that!!

Yes -- it has gotten very COLD here -- I've had my winter coat out -- but then sometimes during the day I've been out in shorts!

Hi to All --
Much Love,
Roberta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album