Friday, October 08, 2021

1981 Roberta's Letter -Oct.16

 

Friday AM [10-16-81]

Dear Family,

Hi!  I'm not sure about time schedule but it seems to me that "the travellers" must be home by now -- after I'm sure a great time w/ the Morgans --

Realize I haven't written for some time so want to bring you all up to date.  Looks like I won't be moving now till about 1st November.  Everything moves so slow -- we are waiting mostly now for Refrigerator, Washer & Dryer -- to get had to open it up for bids -- etc. -- (this goes back to August) Sears got it -- but now they refuse to deliver because county owes them $$ for 6 months back.  1st house to be opened has 5 women ready to move in -- ages 78 to 88 years old.  I'm more moved in there than here.

No bites yet on the house -- people all seem to want at last 1½ baths.

Great to hear about the Christmas trip planned for "Valley of the Sun" -- hope it warms up by then.  Now down to 50's at night.

I've been busy doing yard work -- cleaning, still furniture pick-ups (donations) etc. -- and too many meetings!

Much Love (& more later)
Roberta


No comments:

Items from Uible photo album