Thursday, July 07, 2016

1966 Catherine's postcards to John from SIU -June

The Arena – Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, Illinois postcard, mailed 1966.  Captioned: Completed in 1964, this unusual building has seating capacity of 10,000.  It is the home of the Saluki Basketball Team. 
Saturday, June 25, 1966

Hi!  Remember seeing this?  It seems like a long time since you were here.  I haven't thought of anything yet that I want you to send me.  I would appreciate getting a letter from you.  I haven't been swimming, but it sure is hot!  
Love, Catherine
"Crab Orchard Lake" postcard mailed 1966.  Captioned: Crab Orchard Lake.  In Illinois Recreation Land, this big lake is ideal for water sports of all kind.  Boats, motors, and water skiers are welcome.

Tuesday, June 28, 1966

Hi!  Thank you for your letter.  Yesterday it got up to 104º F.  Is it hot in Ohio?  I don't think I need a chain.  Sometimes I like to walk.  It sounds like you are going to be a good swimmer.
Love, Catherine – Tell Everyone to WRITE

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album