Monday, March 19, 2018

1968 Roberta's Letter -March 12

[postmarked March 12, 1968, addressed to Sheraton Hotel NYC]
Tuesday 2.00

Hi!  Got your letter this morning.  I have my doubts if this will get to New York in time but I'll try.  I suppose I could send it air mail but that would be 10¢.  Or perhaps I'll be able to find a teacher going into town that will mail it for me.  Well – I worry about that once I write a letter to you all!!!

I went to the doctor yesterday.  He cut all around my toe getting alot of puss out.  He gave me some black savve (spelling?) – seems to be like the stuff I had at home.  Also told me to buy a pad to put under my toes.  I did – it seems to help alot.  I'm to go back next week if its not considerbly (spelling?) btter.  I hope its (considerbly) better.  Doctors must be rich – the way they charge.  I paid for everything tho with money I had here.  (Thanks for 3.00 I rec'd today)

I think you have met Jo.  She's very nice & all.  Alot more out-going than Roi.  Her boy-friend goes to Wilmington College.  Dale G – went to here last year – lived with Stuckey's first semester.  Plans are for him to take her Sunday morning to Columbus to catch plane going to Michigan – – I wrote some about this yesterday in a letter I sent to N.V.

Got to go.  Grades go out this week-end.  I haven't seen mine yet but I hope (& think) they should be better than last.  But perhaps Geometry ––––––

Love,
Roberta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album