Monday, March 12, 2018

1978 Roberta's Letter to MV -March7

March 7, 1978
Dear Mary Virginia<

Hi!  I'm sure glad its Friday – this working is beginning to get to me – I think I need a vacation – at least 1 month long.  Your letter came yesterday – Thanks!  It is always good to hear from you – though we (speaking for both Marion & myself) are not the best letter writers!

It is really getting HOT here – in the morning its OK – but by lunch time – I don't enjoy being out.  Then – after supper its decent out again.  I can't imagine myself here in August! 

It does seem strange w/out any company – for awhile it was really exciting – Liz, Marian's sister & family – I.T. – Lately – this week – we have had lots of running around to do – I'm looking forward to next week & just taking it easy.

Rene is down in Mexico helping to get a plant going for the company he works for.  So we have been there w/ Murial & the boys a couple of times.  They are getting a pool built in their back-yard.  After its built they won't have much yard left ––

We all went to Catholic Mass last Sunday – it was a folk mass – full of music & all.  I really enjoyed it – and before I knew it – it was over!

When will you all be out of school – our last day is May 26th – Marian's too – but then she is to go on a 5 day trip then for the course she is taking about the Armed Services.

Dorothy did get your letter – she was showing it to everyone in the office – I think she is like the rest of us – not so good in writing back!  This weekend her & her family were going camping – they have a trailer on their truck – plus use a tent.  She asked Marion & I to go along – but we already seem to be busy all weekend –º

How is G'ma getting along?  I wish I were close enough to drop in – but I'll be home some this summer ––

Thanks for all  your letters –  Keep them coming!

Love, Berta


No comments:

Items from Uible photo album