Saturday, March 17, 2018

1968 Roberta's Letter to John -March 11


3-11-68 Sunday
Dear John,

Hi!  Thanks for your letter.  Gee – I sure do appreciate the pen!  That's really neat!  Where did you get it?  You're really getting to be a good letter-writer – – Catherine said she got a letter from you too!

How is your Pine Wood Derby coming along?  Isn't it some contest you enter into?  When will it be? 

Tell Serena to save some Girl Scout Cookies for me, ok?  We (up here) have stomach (for good food!) too!

Does Catherine get out before or after me for Spring Vacation?  Jo Smith (a senior here) was accepted to Kalamazoo last Monday.  She wants to meet Catherine some time.  There is a chance of her staying with me for awhile over vacation.  Nothing definite yet tho – I'll let you all know later when I know more.  ok?  Is it ok with you all if she would stay a couple (probably just two) days at the start of vacation, isn't it???

Today I also got a post-card from Dad.  Thanks!  My toes (mainly just one tho) are feeling slightly better.  I'm to go to doctor again tomorrow to get lotion to put on it.  I'll just pay for it unless the bill is over $9.38

Well, I really must go now.  Write when &  if you can.  Still plenty of time before Spring Vacation.  HA!  Catherine, I'm sure, wouldn't really mind if you wrote again to her!  HA!

Love,
Roberta

P.S.  Thanks again for the pen; I'm using it now!

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album