Thursday, March 08, 2018

1988 MV's Letter -March4

4 March 88
Dear Mom and Dad,

I got a call today from the Zondervan Bookstore at Fayette Mall (on Rte 27, South of Lex).  They have hired me part-time, starting tomorrow morning.  It is $3.50/hour, and they hired me contingent upon the fact that I'd be able to work this summer.  It's a nice size store, about the size of the one at Dayton Mall.

I'm also supposed to go Alabama next weekend with Betsye.  We'll leave Friday morning, return Monday afternoon.  I think I told you she's youth director at her church.  The following weekend Lorraine is scheduled to visit.

I guess with the job I won't be going far on Spring Break; I'll still be home for Easter, it's just I don't know when I'll have to work that weekend.

Got a real nice letter from J.B. today with Calvert's address in it.  Thanks for your letter this week also.  I'll write more next week after I know more about the job.

Much love,
Mary Va

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album