Monday, March 05, 2018

1978 Roberta's Letter to John -March1

March 1, 1978
John!

I've got at least 3 letters started to you – it's not that I'm not thinking about you!  I'm glad Rob is going to HGF – that should be a riot – I'd like to be there to join in the fun!  Can't say I'm looking forward to my summer of typing here in AZ.  I'm thinking about trying to get another job w/ the county.

The family left yesterday – last night it sure seemed quiet.  For Mary Virginia's birthday we went to Roach's [?] – the school house – had Alice as our waitress – but she was not her usual self – perhaps she missed you!  Then we came home & ate Mud Pie from Baskin-Robbins.

As for the car – are you interested in it – or a new one?  I'd be happy to give you a good deal – my situation is that I owe Grandma  just under $2000 – and I want to pay her back.  Would you have any interest in playing banker?

What will you be doing this summer – office canteen or what?  I'd go w/ new t-shirts if going in the canteen.

You should see Miss Wendy Jean now – she has really grown!

How is school – or are you just politicking?

Write!

Love, 
Berta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album