Monday, March 12, 2018

1968 Catherine's Postcard -March2



Hi!  (3/2/68 3:30PM)  I've been sitting here at a table in Macy's Houseware Display.  Just like studying at home!  Yesterday after the conference Greg, Dennis and I went to Battery Park to look at Statute of Liberty (wind was really cold AND strong!)  We walked up to Wall Street but got there after the stock exchange closed.  Radio City was our next stop.  The Rockettes are still kicking!  Saw "Private War of Harry Frigg."  (nothing outstanding.)  After consulting our budgets we ate at Tad's where we decided we could get the most food for least money.  After walking around Times Square we found the new MSG – Penn Station and took LIRR to Westbury where Sue lives.  It felt pretty good to sleep in a bed!  This morning I listened to a panel discuss how terrible the suburbs are – "isolation, no culture, advantages of city are lacking, etc.  I came to the conclusion I'm pretty lucky to come from New Vienna where we don't have such problems.  I left the K group before lunch and came down here.  Had a bowl of soup at Chock Full o' Nuts and some yogurt at a delicatessen for dessert.  I'm to meet Dave at MSG in 45 minutes.  Sent him a card to tell him I was coming to NY but I guess he didn't get it.  Tomorrow we start back to K – hope it doesn't take 22 hours. 

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album