Friday, March 30, 2018

1978 Roberta's Letter to John -March 20


March 20, 1978
Hi, John!

Happy Spring!  Here it seems more like the middle of August – up in the 90's yesterday – and I'm not sure about today – would you believe yesterday in the heat of the day I was out watching the Chicago Cubs / Oakland A's play ball – they both have their Spring Training here – Marian loves baseball – and at least that is one sport I understand!!

How has all your tripping been?  I need to take a vacation (not that your trips are vacations!) – I can feel it.  Work is getting to me – I'm seriously thinking about quitting – then coming back next year & looking for another job – I'd like to have my summer off ––

I heard about Grandma yesterday. – I hope she is doing well – if anyone can handle a situation – she can!

Are you still going to Florida – I called up Hortons yesterday – they all are looking forward to your visit – Aunt Mary said Rob is excited about the farm job & all ––

We are putting air conditioning in the Buick – which requires new radiator – I hope the car lasts another 5 years – at least.

Love, Roberta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album