Thursday, March 22, 2018

1978 Roberta's Letter to John -March 13

March 13, 1978
Dear John ––

Good to hear from you!  As for going OD over grape soda – don't worry about that!  But here not much grape soda – perhaps the Indians like another kind better!

Here it is – middle of March – can't believe it – When are you going to Florida?  I'd love to join you down there but the idea is a dream –it's awful to be working class!

As for working – I've applied for another job – still in the school system.  This one for a security job at another high school.  The pay is much better – and the contract would be 9 months – having off May 28 - Aug.28th.  That is the main attraction to me!  The closing date for it was the 10th – last Friday – so perhaps this week I'll find something out.

How is all the YAFing going?  Did you look anyone up in N.Y.C.?  OH, Liz [?] is coming out here the 23rd – also I.T. – should be a real riot!

What job will you be doing at the farm?  How about dining room supervisors?

Did Nick go w/ you to Washington D.C.?  Anytime you get a chance call me – WATTS line.  My # at work is 962-7509 – at home 969-2779.  602 area code

Marion has her rental property – another town house just across from us – up for sale.  She has heard from every real estate person around – but is trying to sell it on her own.

What kind of business would you like to go into?  How about renting out Mo-Peds ?

I'll definitely be up to see you & Rob this summer – it will be strange to visit – I'm looking forward to it.

Glad that the brown beauty is in A-1 shape – I think of you both whenever I see a good looking granada.  Out here pick-up trucks are the in thing – think I'll get one next time I buy – in the years ahead.

When you are ready – make me a deal ––

Whose campaign will you be working on?  Republican or Democrat?

Got to go ––

Love, 
Berta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album