Sunday, March 04, 2018

1968 Roberta's Letter -March1

March 1, 1968
Dear Family,

Hi!  I bet you love me for using this paper [mimeographed pages titled "Golden Age of Pericles"] but I only have about 60 pieces of it.  Teacher Jane wanted me to have 15 pieces run off so I told Teacher Tom  15  and he thought I said  50  !  And then to top it all off he ran off 75 pieces so I'll have "plenty."  Well – I sure got enough.

The 5th boy left last week.  This one was a senior – he kept having some kind of nervous attacks I guess.  Now I guess he's in the hospital indefinitely.

Dan's trial was this last Tuesday (Feb. 27th).  He was sentenced to three years starting June 3rd.  If you could will you please look in the Enquirer for the write-up on it.  I would be interested in keeping it.

Three months from today (not the day Friday but the date, March 1st) will be the end of school.  That's pretty hard to believe.  Next Wednesday is the end of this six weeks.  (It only lasted five weeks tho.)

Did I tell you all I joined a book club?  Well I got the "4 books for $1.00" yesterday.  I got: Christy, Stories That even Sacred [Scared??] Me  by Alfred Hitchcock, Hammond's New World Atlas & Emily Post's Book on Etiquette.  The deal is that you have to order 4 books within the next 12 months.  You pick one out from this preview they send you.

The Atlas was printed in 1967 – I'll bring it home over Spring Vacation.  Alfred Hitchcock's book sounds good too.  I'm anxious to read it.

Well, I've got to go.  Write soon.  I'll wait till tonight to mail this, who knows??  You all might have written me??

Surprise! Surprise!  I got Mom's letter and a post card from Dad.  Along with a post cards from Debbie Walvord, and the Hinermans who are both in Florida.

Thanks alot for the newspaper articles and the stamps.  I use more stamps.  –– Here I just asked you to send about Dan's trial.  I thought about starting all over, but I'm too lazy.

Included is a magazine article.  Save it.  I might need it next summer for moral support.  Ha!

Love,
Roberta


No comments:

Items from Uible photo album