Thursday, March 01, 2018

1968 Roberta's Letter -Feb.27

Feb. 27, 1968
Dear Family,

Hi!  I got your letter today, thanks alot!  I'm glad you enjoyed the Sandy Springs news paper.  Did you read what the one person said about "social comm."?  This week we are playing Japanese or some sort of funny games.  Next week we are going to show the movie "The Mouse that never Roared."  It should be good.  We are going to sell pop-corn and something like coke during the movie to help pay for it.

Our Biology class started sapping trees today.  Actually all we got done today was wash a bunch of stuff, drill holes and get the buckets placed right.  We'll be doing this until Spring vacation I guess.  The sap is to be collected three times a day.  We are divided into groups so each one of us only has to go out every other day for one time.  On the other days we must boil the sap.  And to top it all off in order to get 1 gallon of syrup you must have 40 gallons of sap.  Boy!

I haven't told Teacher Tom yet about not coming back for sure.  What did he tell you when you brought me back, Dad???

I'm doing better in almost all my subjects but come the end of the six weeks and I'll fail all the exams (which of course count the most!).

Got to go.

Love, 
Roberta

PS  Did Mary get her package?  I figured up last night how much it was and I got around 60¢,  Most of the stuff were scraps of felt I had or got from other people.  I had alot of fun doing it & all. (probably cheaper!)

Dan's trial is today.  I'm anxious to see how it turns out.

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album