Wednesday, July 19, 2017

1977 Catherine's Letter -July 25


July 25, 1977
Dear Mom and Dad,

Hi!  Thanks for your letter which arrived in two days.  Sounds like you had a good time.  Thanks for Serena's address.  Did she get all those letters we forwarded to the other address?

What is a Carter outlet?  I thought maybe it was a place that sold Jimmie Carter souvenirs but I gather maybe they have baby stuff.

The Dr. says everything is fine.  I have gained 11 pounds.  I have to go again next week.  At least I won't have to miss work since this is the last week I will be working.

We also started the childbirth classes last week.  17 couples at the first class.  We'll see yow many make it through til Sept. 6 which is the last class.  It is the LeMaze method that they teach.  Last week we just had a general overview and learned some warm up exercises.

I have also made an appointment to get my hair trimmed next week.  It's been over a year since I last had it trimmed so it needs it pretty badly.

We've made reservations to stay at the Holiday Inn in Buena Park for 3 nights during Gerry's vacation.  We tried Motel 6 and several other budget type places but all were booked up.  At least HI doesn't charge extra for the kids.  We plan to take DeeDee & Robbie [Gerry's nephew who suffered severe brain damage in an auto accident about 15 years ago] to Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm, possibly Universal Studios and other major attractions of the area.  DeeDee will be staying with us as of the 1st.  Robbie arrives on the 4th and we plan to be in L.A. on the 10-12th.

Tell Roberta she owes us a letter!

We have heard from John & M.V. at Hudson Guild

Love, 
Catherine & Gerry

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album