Wednesday, July 12, 2017

1967 Catherine's Letter -July 19

July 19, 1967
Dear Mother, Daddy, Roberta, Serena, John, Mary,

Hi!  Got your letter today.  Thanks for sending me the clipping.  If you ever see or hear Darrel's address please send it to me.

The days just seem to fly by with working, my math, reading and all the time I spend just messing around.  Right now I am on the dock absorbing my Vitamin D.

Don't worry about the blouse or the shorts.  If I get desperate enough I will sew them myself.

I take it you put $150 in my savings account.  Or did you leave it in the checking account?  If I remember I will enclose my latest pay check with this letter.  I want it put in the savings account, please!

I am going to write Marianne as soon as I finish this.  There is no reason why she can't come up here as far as I'm concerned.  She is welcome to come and stay with me.  Treva told me we are allowed to have guests.  She had a friend stay with her last week.  The friend took her room and she slept in one of my extra beds.

Too bad you didn't wait awhile longer to get the VW now that they are changing over to automatic.

I went out with Charley, Sunday night.  I can't really say we went "out" because we just messed around then met some other kids who had a car and just drove around the end of the peninsula.  I haven't seen much of Steve lately.

What is Wilma doing at Niagara Falls?

Beth Baggs, aged 12-1/2 has adopted me as her sister.  My name is now Cathy Baggs, 311 Bellefountaine Ave., Marion, Ohio and I have been at camp all my life.

This morning I bought some wetting solution for my contacts.  One little pink bottle cost $1.75.

The school should send out a little booklet with the SAT scores.  I have an old one somewhere in the basement I think

I will have send you a post card with the books I want, for I don't have the list now.

Love,
Catherine

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album