Sunday, July 16, 2017

1967 Catherine's Letter -July 24

July 24, 1967
Dear Mother, Daddy, Roberta, Serena, John, Mary,

Hi!  Got your letter today.  I thought you were going to Columbus on Sat. so you probably didn't get my card in time.

You can leave the $150 in the checking account – I can always use it this fall.  I am sending my latest check home.  I have been being a waitress during the evening rushes so I have plenty of spending money at the moment.

Charley, Jenna, and I ate Sun. dinner at Richard's House yesterday.  Had a really good meal –– ground round, green beans, jello-cottage cheese salad, lemonade, and raisin pie all for $1.45.

Sounds like Roberta is coming along all right with Drivers Training.

How long are the Dailey's staying?  Sounds like a lot of fun!

Beth's parents are the managers of the Lakeside hotel.

Sorry this is so short – but time really flies!

Went to church yesterday at the Hoover.  Dr. Dickhaut gave the sermon.

I've been swimming a couple of times – water is really nice.  "The Agony and the Ecstasy" is on at Hoover tonight.  I hope it is good!

The radio station is really full of the Detroit riots – quite serious.

Love, 
Catherine

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album