Wednesday, July 05, 2017

1967 Catherine's Letter -July 6

July 6, 1967
Dear Mother, Daddy, Roberta, Serena, John and Mary,

Hi!  I got a long letter form Mother today and since I have a few spare minutes I decided it wouldn't kill me to write you all a short letter.

Sounds like you had quite a busy Fourth of July.  I'm sorry I never mentioned receiving Roberta's post card.

Last Saturday a new boy started working in the kitchen with us as the Patio.  He looks about 15 so I about keeled over when he told me had graduated.  We both practically died of shock when we found out we will both be freshman at Kalamazoo College.  He is from Adrian.

Mrs. Ackerman has gone on some sort of trip so all the Nobles are staying at the cottage.

Everything here is really in an uproar getting ready for "Showboat."  Jenna loves to watch the players practice and Steve can't wait until it is over so he can rest.  I won't see it because I will be working both nights.

I found some blankets so I don't get quite as cold now.  The sun is actually out today.  Although it is not supposed to get too warm.

Glad to hear Joh is doing such a good job with the paper route and I hope Serena had a good time at camp.

Love, Catherine

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album