Thursday, July 27, 2017

1967 Catherine Letter - Aug.2


August 2, 1967
Dear Mother, Daddy, Roberta, Serena, John, Mary,

Hi!  Received your letter today and I am glad to hear you are all among the living.

I have been working at the ad building from 8:30-2:30 this week and the Patio from 3:00-11:00.  The youth are putting on a musical on August 11 and they practice from 9:30 P.M. – to about midnight so Jenna and I go over there after work.  Jenna has one of the main parts.

The other night I was rushing madly around trying to wait on all of my customers when this familiar looking man came in the Patio.  I finally summoned up all of my courage and asked him if he was Rev. Steele.  He was and I have seen him several times since.  He said to say hello to all of you.  He is here with the Lima district institute which has 450 kids.

Now to answer all your questions before my noon hour is over and I go back to work.

I don't know what I've told you about Reuben.  He is from Paraguay but he hasn't been home for 5 years.  He will probably go back this fall.  He is a nice boy but I don't like him all that much.  He seems a lot younger or something – maybe just different.

I guess Steve is out of the picture because I haven't seen him for 3 weeks.

I've heard nothing from Dave since June sometime so I have no idea what he is doing this summer.

Bill graduated and will be a freshman at the University of Mich.  Al still has one more year of high school.

The Nobles are planning to buy a house here in Lakeside.  I haven't seen it but it is on Lynn Street between 2nd and 3rd.

Today is supposed to be my day off but Jenna and I switched because one of her friends in Toledo is having a splash party.  I will have tomorrow off instead.

Jenna's birthday is next Wednesday so Bill and Al may come up for that.  Al is in Canada now and later next week he goes to Dallas for some kind of Lutheran convention or something.

I hope Marianne can come up.  If she can get to Toledo I think I can get her on into Lakeside although I haven't checked yet.

Yesterday I splurged and bought soap for the washing machine.  I got Fab –– mainly because it was the cheapest.

Five weeks from today I should be home so please plan to have a big banquet – with real food.

I am enclosing my latest pay check.  I am also sending you all this checking account card.  It is my correct address but I will only be home a couple of weeks.

It is now almost 1:00 so I better be getting back to work.

Love,
Catherine

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album