Saturday, February 11, 2017

1977 Roberta's Letter to John -Feb.9


February 9, 1977
Dear John,

Hi!  Thanks for your letter – do plan on taking the Buick – whenever its best for you to go.  I might go w/ you & stay w/ some people in NYC – till the Season starts.  Have you hard from Mr. Ream?

Today was my last day of work – as I wanted to do a few things before "they" come on Saturday.  I'm looking forward to them coming.  [Mom, MV & Ruth Shoemaker]

I have some news to tell you – you're the 1st family member to know – plan to write Grandma soon, & tell Mom in person.  I'm being baptized in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints – sometime next week – maybe on Friday or Saturday.  John, I've read, studies & prayed about this more than anything else and I have such a good & happy feeling about it.  I'm sure you have your doubts – as I did too just weeks ago – but I've got my head together and through alot of search & prayer, my decision was made yesterday.

My one regret is that you won't be here for the Baptism – Fred, Pauline & Family will come – if the "green wagon" makes it – as now Pauline's car is not performing right!

The Buick has had a good going over – to the tune of about $250 and 2 days of work missed.  Had to have a whole new muffler system – brake job, then the routine stuff.  But I don't begrudge it – it's been good to me.

I called Liz – she is still planning on coming Feb. 26th – we'll go to Phoenix – then she can fly from there.  My plans are still up in the air about going home – I'd like to go home in March – but then I don't want to leave San Diego that soon.  (want the cake & icing too!)

Hope school is going A-OK.  I'll keep you posted as to my plans. But you can definitely count on the Buick end of May.

Love, 
Berta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album