February 9, 1977Dear John,
Hi! Thanks for your letter – do plan on taking the Buick – whenever its best for you to go. I might go w/ you & stay w/ some people in NYC – till the Season starts. Have you hard from Mr. Ream?
Today was my last day of work – as I wanted to do a few things before "they" come on Saturday. I'm looking forward to them coming. [Mom, MV & Ruth Shoemaker]
I have some news to tell you – you're the 1st family member to know – plan to write Grandma soon, & tell Mom in person. I'm being baptized in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints – sometime next week – maybe on Friday or Saturday. John, I've read, studies & prayed about this more than anything else and I have such a good & happy feeling about it. I'm sure you have your doubts – as I did too just weeks ago – but I've got my head together and through alot of search & prayer, my decision was made yesterday.
My one regret is that you won't be here for the Baptism – Fred, Pauline & Family will come – if the "green wagon" makes it – as now Pauline's car is not performing right!
The Buick has had a good going over – to the tune of about $250 and 2 days of work missed. Had to have a whole new muffler system – brake job, then the routine stuff. But I don't begrudge it – it's been good to me.
I called Liz – she is still planning on coming Feb. 26th – we'll go to Phoenix – then she can fly from there. My plans are still up in the air about going home – I'd like to go home in March – but then I don't want to leave San Diego that soon. (want the cake & icing too!)
Hope school is going A-OK. I'll keep you posted as to my plans. But you can definitely count on the Buick end of May.