Friday, February 17, 2017

1967 Roberta's Letter -Feb.15


[2/15/67 postmark]
Wednesday
(enclosure) missing
Dear Family,

I will be coming in Wilmington on the bus at 7:15!  I could have ridden home from Columbus with a girl but when she called her dad, he told her that Wilmington was to far out of the way and that he would take us all to Cinn. and then our parents could come after us!  I decided just to take the bus and I'll call you when we get in Columbus bus station.  I won't have to wait to long in Columbus and I'll probably get home faster this way, so I meet you at 7:15 (in the evening) at the bus station in Wilmington.

Thanks for the valentine, it was cute and I hung it up on the bulletin board.  Oh yes and the school is putting on the "Mikado" on March 11th and I invited the Hinermans to see it.  I asked Mr. Brown about it and he said that it would be just fine and told me that I could invite them for dinner, too, which I did.

I get to go to Pittsburg week after I get back to see an art exhibit!  It's going to cost me $1.75 to go.  Do you think it's worth it?  Remind me to get your permission to let me go while home.

Roberta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album