Monday, June 17, 2013

1973 Roberta's card - June 17

Roberta sends Grandma a birthday card.  June 22, 2013 would be 121 years since GHU was born in 1892. Transcription follows.


[6/17/1973]


Grandma ––

Hi!  Hope you have a very Happy Birthday - I wish I could be there to help you celebrate it!  Do eat a piece of birthday cake for me!!

I'm now at work - the store is about completely empty - except for the employees!!  It's Father's Day - also a pretty day outside - so people just aren't shopping.

They are always talking about the electrical shortage down here - I said today that if they closed the stores on Sunday that would save alot of electricity.

Starting this week I'll be pretty busy w/ school - 3 nights a week!

Now - Sunday evening 9:30 p.m.  - just got home from evening Church - as usual, not a very good crowd.  John Murphy just came - I guess they are going to show them (Aunt M & Uncle B) pictures of Europe plus John seems to have lots of pictures to show.  I've got Math to do - boy am I glad this is y last week of Math - I'm ready for a change  - new subjects!! (HA!)

Happy Birthday!  Love Bert
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album