Friday, August 27, 2021

1981 Catherine's Letter -Aug.31


Monday, August 31, 1981

Dear Mother, Dad, and Mary,

Hi!  Sorry I didn't call you on Friday, Mother.  I had every intention of calling you.  Somehow it slipped my mind until I was at work on Friday that it actually was Friday.  I don't know what day I thought it was but I certainly would have called you if it had occurred to me before 8:00!  Then I was going to call you over the weekend but figured you were probably gone to New Cumberland.  I will try to do better this week and be aware of what day it is!

One of the things I wanted to tell you was that we got Wendy's hair cut short.  She looks really different and it is certainly lots easier to keep neat looking.  I think it makes her look more like a Uible with the short hair!  She seems to like it and was all in favor of getting it cut.  We took a picture of her but of course we haven't finished the roll yet -- we'll take some more while Grandma and Roberta are here.

The new assistant librarian starts today so I'll be busy for the next few days getting her trained.  Barbara (former librarian) only worked two days last week so I was on my own for most of the week.  Tomorrow is the board meeting so that ought to be a big event.  Three new members ought to make it quite a change.  I have my first book order ready to go out today.  We can get a 40% discount from a company named Ingram but they have a number code for every book that has to be looked up on microfiche list that they send out every two weeks or so.  Or books can be ordered from Baker & Taylor at 34% discount without any special code.

DeeDee is flying out of Redmond today.  Republic Airlines which she is taking from Redmond to San Francisco had an unexpected change of schedule last week so we had to change her connecting flight from SF to SD as she wouldn't have had time to make the original flight.  She will now have a two hour layover in SF instead of the 50 minutes originally and she leaves from Redmond 40 minutes later.  Gerry is taking the afternoon off from work and will take Wendy with him to the airport.  So tomorrow Wendy will go back to Day Care after five weeks vacation.

We are looking forward to seeing Grandma and Roberta next week.  We have been trying to think of places they might like to go while they are around here.  We went quite a few places while they were here last year but I don't think we went to Sisters so that is a possibility.

We are going to have Wendy's birthday party at the Grizzly Bear on September 26th.  It is going to be a joint birthday party for Wendy and her friend Laura who will also be four in September.  The Grizzly Bear furnishes hats, horns, and balloons as well as an appearance by the Grizzly Bear himself.  We furnish cake and buy the drinks from them.

Well, better close and get ready for work.  Hope to talk to you on Friday!

Love,
Catherine, Gerry & Wendy


No comments:

Items from Uible photo album