Saturday, August 14, 2021

1971 Roberta's Letter -Aug.6

 

August 6, 1971

Dear Family,

Hi!  Hope you all are fine!  Guess this will be about my last letter from Quilchena.

I do hope you'll prepared for my coming.  My socks have holes in them, my shoes are run over, my legs are dry & hairy, my jeans are worn out, my shorts need sewing, the elastic is out of my underwear, my clothes all look dirty -- even tho they have been cleaned, my hair is shaggy looking, I'm all out of everything, and I'll probably smell because we don't get real clean taking a bath in the lake!!  So -- I do hope you are anxious to see me!!

I got a real nice letter from Mrs. Warren Terrell today.  I'll try & write her tonight.

Tomorrow we are going to go horse-back riding!  Now -- this should be interesting.

Today I did more babysitting.  I've done more babysitting this summer than all my life.  I think S.M.I. must stand for Substitute Mother Inc.

I haven't heard yet from United Airlines.  I'll just have to call when I get in as I doubt if you would get anything from me mailed after tomorrow.  Hey -- I might write to Dick's address so you might check there when you get to Kalamazoo.

Since I'll (probably) be getting into Kalamazoo Friday night we'll have plenty (!) of time to see about a dress.  Don't worry about those things, Mom.

If you think of it do buy me a pair of hose.  Also -- I do hope you remember to get a pair of shoes for me that you think would be suitable for the wedding.  Your guess, as to where they would be, would be as good as mine!!

Well.  I better be going.  It's getting late -- poor old flashlight.  Still no electricity!!  Real Country Living ----

Love in Christ,
Bert

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album