Monday, May 18, 2020

1980 Catherine's Letter -May23


Friday, May 23, 1980

Dear Mother, Dad, and Mary Virginia,

Hi!  Sorry I couldn't talk to you this morning, Mother, but hope you had a good trip to Cleveland if I have my weekends straight.

My new job is going real well.  It is alot more challenging and I am learning alot.  Whether or not I will be getting an increase in salary is still being discussed between my boss and the "judge" who runs the County Court.  If they have reached a decision I haven't been informed yet.

It is now Monday evening so you can see I didn't get this letter finished before the weekend.  We had a good time at work camp leaving here after Gerry got off work Saturday.  We stopped at our favorite pizza place for supper in Sisters and then got to Suttle Lake about 7:30. 

The camp has a main lodge with dining room, rec room & dormitories as well as about 20 cabins.  We stayed in a cabin (each of which has a heater as it gets below freezing there practically every night).  It wasn't as luxurious as our accommodations at the Coast (the Jackman's cabin) but still was a step above (and alot warmer than) our tent. 

There were several children there that Wendy knew from church so she had a good time.  Gerry and I cleaned the ovens on Sunday and this morning we helped paint the laundry room so felt like we contributed our fair share of work for the cause.  We may go back some weekend this summer to paint the cabins.

They are having a family camp on the 4th of July weekend but Gerry has to work on the 5th (Saturday) and no-one will want to work that Saturday for him.  Plus the annual church & friends picnic is on the 4th and we really enjoyed that last year so hope to go again this year.

The art work [scribbles] here is courtesy of Wendy.  She is sitting on my lap as I write this.  I need to get organized for our work week coming up so I better close.  Sorry to be so slow in getting it written and mailed.

Love,
Catherine, Gerry & Wendy

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album