Saturday, May 23, 2020

1990 Wendy's Letters -May 29



May 29, 1990
Dear Uncle John,

How are you?  I'm fine.  How is life in Newark, Ohio?  How is Julie?  Tell her I say hi.  Do you watch the Simpsons?  I got a Bart Simpson shirt it says Don't Have a Cow Man!  Keep that in mind.  Thank you for the rose.

My parents and I joined U.S. Swim and Fitness a health club.  Ever heard of it.  I only have 2½ more days of school and then I'm free for three months.

Well I have nothing else to say.

Love, your cool, beautiful, wonderful, sweet, talented, smart, generous, kind niece Wendy

P.S. suck in your stomach
P.P.S. send money
P.P.P.S. write back

* * * * * * * * * *

May 29, 1990
Dear Grandma & Grandpa,

How are you?  I'm fine.  I hope you had fun in Turkey.  Today Mom had a conference with Mrs. Fosnight my teacher.  They went over my Iowa test scores.  My highest score was in spelling I'm on the 9th grade level.  My second highest score was in reading I'm on 8th grade level.

Only 2½ more days of school for me but by the time you read this letter I will definitely be out of school.  Tell Jeanette Laymon that I enjoyed seeing her too and I'm sorry that I can't make it this summer.  Well, I have to go now.

Love,
Wendy

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album