Saturday, June 23, 2018

1978 Catherine's Letter -June 16

Friday afternoon
June 16, 1978
Dear Mom, Dad, Mary Virginia & Roberta,

Hi!  Just a quick note as I wanted to send you some of these pictures.  I included a few with the birthday card I sent to Grandma but then I remembered I hadn't sent any pictures to Roberta recently so thought I would send some more.  I think the one of Wendy & Gerry is really good –I'm going to get another print of it to have in my wallet.

We are leaving tomorrow for San Diego but we are going to stretch the trip out so that we don't arrive until Monday – camping en route.  We had thought of going over to Mesa but since Roberta is not going to be there I think we'll stay out of the desert.

The sewing machine has been working very well.  I finally finished sewing the curtains for the truck and made some semi-fancy tie straps for them besides.

I will try to call person-to-person for Wendy on Wednesday evening unless we are out in the middle of the wilderness or somewhere else where I can't find a telephone.

Well, I have some things to do to get ready for our trip and it is about time for the mailman so I will put this outside.

Love,
Catherine, Gerry
& Wendy

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album