Thursday, June 14, 2018

1988 MV's Letter -May 30

30 May 88

Dear folks;

Welcome back to the USA.  I surprised Serena this weekend at home.  She really had the yard looking nice.  A guy here at school was ordained at his church in Springfield yesterday so we went up Saturday and came back last night.

Still haven't gotten my official grades yet, but I did make out a tentative schedule to follow until December '89.  The Fall '88 is what I'll actually be taking (see enclosure); as far as the Spring '89 schedule, I hope to be able to take one of the classes in January in order to lighten the load a little.  all those classes are required under the new MA program.

Summer classes begin June 7 – June term.  I'm taking Servant as Liturgist, July term I'm taking New Testament History and Criticism.

Work is going well.  I think I told you that we'd be closed June 6-27 for total remodeling of the store.  I started my voice lessons for the summer last week.  This summer she's teaching in her home in Lexington, which I'm anxious to see (the house).  It a NICE neighborhood, a fairly new subdivision on the south side of Lexington.

There are very few people in the dorm right now.  Most of the ones that will be here this summer have gone home for the two week break between classes.

Not much else up.  Grandma seemed good; I stopped in Sunday morning on my way to church.  Saw Liz and Bill McCracken yesterday.  He gave me one of his brochures left over from the campaign.

You should have a letter from me when you get home.  Serena was going to Bloomington Tuesday to look for more jobs, but I think she planned to be there only a couple days.

Love,
Mary Va.

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album