Thursday, June 21, 2018

1978 Roberta's Letter to GHU -June 13

June 13, 1978
Hi Grandma!

You must be wondering about me – yesterday when I cleaned out my desk I found  2 letters  I had written to you but never mailed.  As you can tell – my desk really needed a good cleaning!

We have really been busy at work – getting ends tied up from last year – and getting it all started – paperwork wise – for the new students coming in.  The worst part of it is that there are no interruptions – so you just have to keep at it.

Marion is doing really good – she has been going to the pool w/us almost everyday.  Doesn't really swim – but says the water really feels good.  We usually go in about 5:00 pm – there are usually just a few people there then – and it's not  so HOT  out!

Any more the only cool part of the day is before 7:00 AM – now at night it just doesn't cool off that much!

Are the Hortons going to New Jersey w/ Rob – how much time did they spend in New Vienna?  Rob will really like it at Hudson Guild – when do you plan to go up in July?

I've been consciously trying to grow fingernails – and its really a struggle for me!!

Every Thursday night for about 1 hour I've been going to a nursing home here in Mesa – to feed supper & talk to 1 particular patient – her name is Cora – she is pretty much confined to her bed – the 1st week I couldn't get her to talk at all – but now she is talking alot.  I found out she loves dogs so I took a picture of Buffy down – then later took him down.  She remembered his name – but has trouble remembering mine!  This volunteer program is through the city of Mesa.

Really like the truck – but can't seem to remember to take a picture of it at the right time!

Love, 
Berta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album