Sunday, June 03, 2018

1968 Roberta's Letter -May 18

May 18, 1968
Dear Family,

Hi!  I got Dad's postcard today.  Thanks alot for it.  This week has gone pretty fast.  We have only one more week of actual classes and then a week of exams . . . ugh.  It is very hard to believe that two weeks from today is commencement.

Helen would like you to get a reservation from Columbus to Billings Montana tourist class.  I guess you would have to call or write the airport.  We would do it ourselves but we do not know what time to make the reservation or anything.  I do not think you have to pay anything just for a reservation, do you?  Again, we can leave before lunch if we have to in order to catch the plane for Helen.  Neither Helen, Irene, or I care a great deal about staying for lunch.  So if you get a reservations where we would have to leave before lunch we would not be at all disappointed.

Our old table went on the picnic as planned.  It turned out very nice.  We went to what is called the Barnesville Reservoir.  (all that is – at least here in Barnesville – is a lake, where a bunch of people were fishing.)  We all went in a back of a pick-up truck.  On the way back we went on all these old back roads which was pretty nice.

I only have 150 sheets of paper like this so I decided I would use some of this up while my address is still FBS, Barnesville Ohio 43713.  And then my orange stationary along with all the rest of it some other time.

By the way, what is our address up at Lakeside?  Or do we know yet?  We will have the same cottage as last year?  Did it ever get worked out about who we would share the cabin with?  Are the Beers going to stay with us this year?  I just hope they have a baby-sitter of some sort.  Irene is still coming home with me and we are going to Lakeside.  (Just thought I would tell you)  Do you think we could camp out MAYBE!!!!????  Just an idea.  After our house Irene will be going to Baltimore.

Well, I better go now.

Love,
Roberta

P.S. The type-writer is really great.

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album