Sunday, June 24, 2018

1978 Roberta's Letter to John -June 14


Wait till you see the truck!
June 16, 1978
Dear John,

I've started lots of letters to you but seem to have trouble finishing them and getting them in the mail.  I've had a busy week as plan to leave tomorrow morning for the East and so many loose ends to tie up before I go.

Did call Mom this morning about my coming.  Was afraid that I would get to New Vienna and find them gone for the short time I'll be there.  Mom will call Ann for me about getting together for the trip up.  We will try to get there on Thursday . . . it will be nice to have the company and someone to help me drive.

As for the canteen . . . can you buy a few things ahead, I will need to borrow money from you to get started . . . just to get me on my feet.

I do have news that is new . . . I've got to be back in Arizona on 14 August.  instead of quitting this job, like I tried to do, they talked me into taking a two month leave of absence.  That means that when I get back I'll still have my in with both the county and the schools.  As for the job I was going to turn down with the county I told them that I've got to go back to Ohio for two months due to a family situation and they said fine, that my file would be marked acceptable and that I should contact them in the fall.

I need to get to work . . . will write more later.

Here it is almost lunch time and I've had no time to write.  I'm really looking forward to being at the farm this summer.  I appreciate you letting me run the canteen.  Hope that my having to leave early won't be too much of a hassle.  I'm going to take Buffie with me to Marion's parents house . . . that should be interesting . . . .

See you soon?  What room will I have ???

Love,
Bert

P..S.  I'll be home Wed. night – let me know if you need anything ––

Buy caramels – ok?

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album