Sunday, June 17, 2018

1978 Roberta's Letter to John -June 5


June 5, 1978
Hi John ––

Always great to hear from you – especially these last couple of weeks when everything seems to have gone crazy – no dull routine –

I've got news for you – I'd like you to call me collect – I won't accept – call for Hudson Ream OK – then I'll get your # from you and call you right back – I'm considering coming to the farm – is the canteen job still available – your offer is too tempting.  I've had a hard Spring & really do need to get away – despite all the bad & problems at the farm – its a neat place & I know that.  I've applied for 2 jobs here – 1 with the schools – which would start August 23rd – so I would have to leave early – the other w/ the County – probation officer – about 3X more pay – but I really don't want it – I'd be working in Phoenix odd hours – etc. – w/ sheriff's Dept.

Mary Virginia may fly out this Friday – June 9th – to help me (keep me company) drive back –– When does the season start at the farm?

I.T. got here today – it's weird – very uncomfortable – like she is somehow jealous of me being here – hard to explain – but do you know what I mean?

Again – call me – and ask for Hudson Ream.

I really like the truck!
Love,
Berta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album