Friday, June 15, 2018

1978 Roberta's Letter -June1

June 1, 1978
Dear Family –

My what a mail day – letters from Mary Virginia, you all – and Serena!!!  I was glad to hear that she will be going to summer school this summer – sounds like between changing jobs, addresses, etc. alot is happening with her –

School Personnel called me today – I have an interview at Westwood tomorrow for security/clerk job there – it's a 9-month contract – which would enable me to work during the summers elsewhere – which I would like – Westwood is just up the street from us – of course job w/county pays alot more but –––

I'm sending the check back to you all – again I appreciate the loan – however you would rather work it out – give J.B. $165.00 – then I'll pay him back the rest –

I'm going to buy insurance – did get the Buick licensed – $20 – $5 inspection fee – $15 license – All it needed was a radiator cap – seems to be doing ok now – I've been using it back and fourth to school – Marion has been driving – for about the last week or so – drove to school a couple of time – she has done all her grading – so that keeps her busy.  Morning is by far her best time – by evening she is tired – worn out – fatigued.

Mary Va – when will you be coming out – Marion wishes you could come out while she is here – before June 19th – is that possible????

Do you know where my Irish hex ear-rings are?  If you see them – please send them out –– I think it's neat Mom & Dad are going to Ireland! 

We now use air conditioning constantly.

Love,
Berta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album