Tuesday, June 05, 2018

1978 Roberta's Letter -May 21

May 21, 1978
Hi!

Sunday morning – with 2 newspapers to read – enough reading material for all week.

It was good to talk to Mary V. yesterday – wonder who did call for me – maybe Jackie Phelan!!  I was happy to be able to give Mary Virginia the news of the 2nd test.  How was your weekend Mom & Dad?

Yesterday I was out for about 2 hours by the pool – did swim a little but mostly did needlepoint & read some.  Out from 11:00 to 1:00 – and today I'm a little red – just on my shoulders.  Want to get out some today – but not for 2 hours!!

Marion is doing great – she & Rachel came down to see me at work on Friday – which was a big surprise – to me & others!  Yesterday we went shopping for a little while – she bought a blouse – so you know she is beginning to feel good – Does seem to have trouble w/ constipation – which gives you uncomfortable feeling.

My plans for July are still unsettled – depends upon job situation here –

I'm really not too tempted to go door-to-door route w/ books this summer – though I talked to Mary Greene yesterday and she said all systems say go – The company has NO investment in you – as you must pay transportation – also expenses while in Nashville for a week's training.

Rachel is leaving Wednesday morning – early – think it's 7:00 AM – her & Marion are as different as night & day – It's been good having her here – I just hope Marion's not too spoiled – like clean sheets everyday!!

We got curtain rods yesterday for the truck – now want to find a pretty print terry cloth material – or perhaps towels for the curtains ––

It's still quite warm – tho not as warm as last weekend when it was 108º!  I can take the heat alot more than I can cold winters!

Marion bought Kevin – her nephew who is graduating from high school – 5 shares of Honeywell Stock – paid 53 for it – saw where it was up to 59 this last week –

She sold the rental property – across from us – some $3,500 each for her & Rene – not bad when they didn't have to put any cash down on it – just assumed payments –– She is taking now about putting it in stocks – any good ideas – John or Dad?  I've talked to a young girl – stock broker – at Dean Witter - Scottsdale – where we got the Honeywell – she recommends Ariz Public Service ––

I'm growing my finger nails – have been offered $1 for each one when they grow –––

Love, 
Berta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album