Tuesday, June 19, 2018

1968 Catherine's Postcard -June 6

[June 6, 1968]
Dear Everyone,

Hi!  Got post card from Dad (?) today -- 6/6/68 and glad to hear you all are still going strong.  Not much is new here I haven't been doing anything but working and studying (in about that order, too.)  I like to work, I hate to study, and now that I have decided to change majors the math seems even less important which makes it even harder to study. 

I will be leaving as much stuff here as possible if I can find boxes to put it in.  Think I will still have about three suitcases to go home though, and the typewriter.  My last exam will be Wednesday afternoon.  Gee, will I ever be glad when that is over.  Say hi to all my friends in Lakeside.  Charley is going to somewhere on Cape Cod this summer so he won't be back either. 

I wish I would hurry and here from AYH concerning dates, etc. so I could start making some plans.  Weather has been very nice – hot!  I think next summer I will keep a sleeping bag in the library.  I don't know what my major will be as I haven't decided on anything definite.  Who know, maybe German, econ., poly.sci., history, etc.  Anything but math!  The swimming pool opens this Saturday, but I'm going to have to get: hand lotion, contact solution, etc.  Some other things I want: German records.  I won't get my paycheck until next Thursday so should I get the stuff then or will we be going somewhere soon thereafter?  I assume conditions in the car will be cramped. 

Have fun and I hope the weather is nice.  Depending on when Kennedy's funeral is it may foul up my exam schedule.  I'll let you know if anything changes.  Love, Catherine

PS See you soon!  Hope you get this, I lost the address.  Will tell about Upjohn meeting later.

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album