Thursday, June 28, 2018

1978 Roberta's Letter -June 23

June 23, 1978
Hi ––

It's 8:30pm – Rob, John, Carol & her friend have gone to a YAF meeting in Morristown – seems like I've been on the go all day – so good just to sit back –

Went into N.Y.C. w/Ray [or Roy?] (he drove the new van) this A.M. to pick up Liz, Carlos, Indira & all her belongings for the summer – First time Ray ever drove in the city  – he did fine – Ann also went in – I gave them a royal tour of Chelsea – visited Fulton Center – Guild Center on 26th Street – etc. – Ann said N.Y.C. looks like 50 Daytons.

I'm already questioning Ann's common sense – John & Rob seem to be around Carol & her friend Barb more – Ray & Ann seem thick – he talks too much for me ––

I'm in Room E – would be nice to have it by myself – but time will tell – Buffie's picture is on my night stand –––

Really seems like a good staff – remember Charlie Wagner [?] he is a counselor this year – Program Director is a guy about 50-60 – nice guy.  He has a T.V. – and I asked him about watching Alice on Sunday night – he said fine.

Mary Virginia, Marion wrote that she plans to come to the farm for a week in July – I'll write & ask her about coming after the 17th – Will you bring my fan with you when you come – or is it possible to have it sooner – via UPS – it really is HOT – but cool in the evenings ––

Scotty & Curtis keep after me about going bowling ––

After John's class this AM he stopped & bought candy – the soda man & ice cream came in today ––

John likes the truck – we will go to the new high school parking lot and let him learn to use the clutch ––

I'm going to bed early tonight!

Love, Berta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album