Monday, June 11, 2018

1968 Roberta's Letter -May 25

May 25, 1968
Dear Family,

Hi1  Got your letter today and thanks alot.  We've had alot of rain also this week – one thing about it is – it has been consistent which they say is a good thing.  I just hope it is nice weather at Lakeside.  About Lakeside, I don't really care which room we do have but I'd like to have the porch if possible.  (not the whole porch just one side or whatever) I'm talking of the porch on the second floor.  Irene says she likes any food except for meat which is mostly fat.  Know what I mean?  She (Irene) does eat almost anything like she said.  She keeps saying she wants to cook some German food but I doubt if Lakeside is the place for that.

"Guess Who's coming to Dinner" is suppose to be a good movie like you said.  I think Catherine has seen it but I haven't.  Also Jo Smith saw it and said it really worthwhile.  How did Joe and Melissa like the Country and Western" singing group?  I bet it sound pretty "rural" to them.

How much was the office bill of mine?  (do I sound like Aunt Maude – or whoever always has to know what the price of things is???)  Probably alot of that is when James had to take us to Zanesville when the buses were on strike and also when James took me to St. Clairesville to meet the bus going to Wheeling when I went to the doctor there.

Lunch will be over commencement day about quarter till one.  Helen's folks are sending her the money for the ticket but as of now she doesn't have the money to send in a check for the plane ticket.  The plane ticket is $95.65.  so I guess we will have to wait and buy it there.  Oh, yes, TWA called and told her there was a change in her flight from Minn. to Billings. She gets in about 10:45 instead of ten o'clock as when we first thought.  That still sounds pretty good for her since before she always got in the next morning about nine o'clock.

I'm now all done with classes but have the exams of course to look forward to.  (HA)  Our schedule is as follows: Monday - English; Tuesday – Geometry and Bible; Wednesday – Biology; Thursday – History.  All the exams last two hours a piece and the rest of the time we will spend in study hall.  Friday will be mostly for packings and clean-up.  Well, Gotta go.

Love, Roberta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album