Wednesday, December 06, 2017

1977 Catherine's letter to John -Dec.2

Friday morning
December 2, 1977
Dear John,

Well, here is your ad.  I haven't received any calls yet but today is the first day, it will also be running Saturday and Sunday.  I will let you know if there is any response.  Also you might note the two ads with stars (*).  They are in the paper almost every day and you might be able to get a car going to Ohio that way.  The paper has some dumb rule that to run an ad about driving or riding the person placing the ad has to come into the newspaper office & identify themselves.  I told them I wasn't going to have anything to do with driving or riding but they said it was their policy so yesterday I went down and identified myself.  And then they weren't sure they could accept a passport as a legal identification – geez!

I hear that you went on a one day trip to Washington – was it connected with the YAF?  I assume it was.  I guess I better not ask you any questions since you probably won't be writing to us again this year.  It won't be but a few weeks until you will be here.

We had a nice Thanksgiving but we were sorry that Roberta couldn't be with us.  Also sorry that we missed talking to you when we called New Vienna.  We've been checking out restaurants so we'll know places to go when you are all here.  We were thinking maybe we'd go to Vacation Village again this year for Christmas dinner.  It was pretty good last year we thought.

Wendy and I are going to take the bus to El Cajon later this morning and meet Gerry for lunch and then go shopping this afternoon.  I have most of my Christmas shopping done but there are a few odds and ends I need to pickup.

I can't think of too much more to write – we're looking forward to seeing you.

I'll let you know about the response to the ad.

Love,
Catherine, Gerry &
Wendy

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album