Tuesday, December 12, 2017

1967 Roberta's Letter -Dec.7

Dec. 7, 1967
Dear Family,

Hi!  Since I've got lots of stuff to do before 9:10 I'll come right to the point instead of beating 'round Robin Hood's Barn.

This letter is an urgent plea for money!!! (Got the hint?)  It is "tradition" to buy your counselor, big sis, mistress (I'm her maid – all seniors have maids) & best friends gift at Christmas  Now!  You would hate me to have to break this tradition because of lack of funds.  OR!  Would you?

I got the coat in the mail yesterday.  Pretty fast, huh?  BUT still no mail from you all except for Serena's letter!  How about it John?  Just cause there's only 13 days left is no excuse!!!

You can use your best sense in sending money but remember how much tradition means to "us" old Quakers!  HA!!  And that since people earn more now-days the stuff costs more than in former years!!!

Love, Roberta

PS I get to go to Wheeling next Saturday – the 16th – I think money might be handy to have by then. 

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album