Monday, December 18, 2017

1967 Catherine's Letter -Dec.12


12-11-67
Dear Mother, Daddy , Serena, John, Mary,

Hi!  I'm now in PE class waiting Mrs. Benne to show.  I have a calc class at 3:00 and that will be my last class of the quarter. Yeah!

Got both a letter from Daddy, and one from Mother, a card from Roberta, a card from Robert & Lil (at least that's what it looked like – by the way, who are Robert & Lil?), a letter from a guy in Viet Nam, a letter from Annette in Oklahoma, and a letter from one of my Lakeside friends.  I never got so much mail in my life!

I will be leaving her 7:45 on Thursday.  I have no idea when I will be arriving.  The lady at the bus station is so crabby.  She must have terrible home problems – like no husband, 20 kids, a one room house, and all the kids under 5.  Bruce offered to walk me to the bus station.  I went to church with him yesterday at Judson Baptist.  Bruce is a really great guy – I guess I should thank Evan for introducing us.  Speaking of Evan, he is still around.  He does sit with me in Physics but thats about all I ever see of him.

I'm now in Calculus.

I didn't get too much written in calculus class as Scott came in and sat beside me. 

Since I wrote the first part of this letter (9 hours ago) I changed my mind about how I'm coming home.  I just talked to Cinda Hargrave (you met her Mother) and she has gotten a car from somewhere to go home on Saturday.  There is also a guy from Cincinnati, Bruce Sherwood, who is driving home on Thursday.  I'm going to talk to him at breakfast in the morning before I mail this.

I spent about 3 hours this evening studying physics.  The worst part about this studying for exams is that I don't really know what I should study.  At the moment I have a B+ average in physics, C in math, and a D- in art.  I figure if I study the physics and get an A on the final, I can get an A in the course, but to do that I have to neglect art, and if I flunk I get no credit.  HELP!

Right now I just wish they were all over and it would be to late to do anything.

I'm going to bed now – more in the morning!

12/12 – I talked to Bruce S and he also is going on Saturday.  So, I don't know who I will be coming home with but don't look for me until late Saturday or Sunday.  If I find out before Thursday I will write a post card and hope you get it.  Otherwise I will call when I find out anything definite.

Love,
Cathy

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album