Saturday, December 30, 2017

1977 MV's Letter -Dec.31

December 31, '77
7:15 a.m.
Dear Mom and Dad,

Hi!  This morning Berta and I got in our first "fight."  Last nite we bought two 8-track tapes – she got Charlie Pride, and I got the Carpenters.  So we fought over who would play theirs first.  Berta got to.  So this morning I got sick of Charlie Pride, and hid the tape, while Berta took Buffie for a walk.  Well, to make this short, she sat on me, pinched me, hit me, etc.  Till I told her where it was, then she made me go get it!

I found this stationary yesterday, when I was looking around in my suitcase – it's really pretty!

Well, the mirrors are here, and the guy is supposed to be here to put them in in 45 minutes.  They really looking nice – with gold metal trim, etc.

Roberta also replaced the windshield on the Buick, there was where the wipers scraped it, a rock place, and an almost bullet hole – I guess one of Marion's kids tried to shoot at her.

Please tell Gerry & Cathy to come to Tucson!

Love, 
Mary Va.

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album