Thursday, December 07, 2017

1967 Roberta's Letter -Dec.3

12-3-67
Dear Family,

Hi!  Well I suppose you have heard all the latest news of "Olney" from Serena like the weather, the messy rooms, & food; but I'll try to say more than "Hi!"

Yes!  Thank you for making my license test the 28th of December.  I will need a week to practice, esp. my parking.  I do hope I will be able to use the car some if I do pass my test.  If I don't I won't be able to drive after the 30th of Dec. for my permit runs out then.

Wednesday I picked corn!  Was that ever some experience!  My [by] hand even!  You get the "things"  – ears of corn – off the stalk then peel all the stuff off it then throw it in this wagon.  I did it for 4 hours – 80¢ an hour.  Which sure helped paying for some of those telephone calls!

I was going to pick corn again on Friday but I had sports & also home-work which needed done.

I'm glad you liked some of those papers.  But I'm afraid you are wrong in saying I'm not doing badly!  My grades sure won't be too hot this time.  By the way they will be coming out next week.  But sure won't be anything for you all to look forward too.

Serena missed a good movie & also some classes but she said she didn't want to go so I didn't say much.  By the way be sure to give Charma Little the package.  Sure appreciate it.  (You giving her the package.)

As you can see my coat needs dry-cleaned!  Also is ripped under the one sleeve.  Thought it would be better to bring home now instead of waiting till Christmas Holidays & try to bring everything I own home.

Did not buy a navy blue skirt.

Only 17 days till Christmas Holidays.  How will I get home?  From here to Columbus by bus?  Sure wouldn't mind if you all came to F.B.S. to get me.  If things work out so you could. 

How will Catherine get home?  By Bus?  By Plane?  Plane would be neater!

Really must go.  Thanks for food & all.  Enjoy your letters. Please send coat.

Must go, (yes, again)
Love, Roberta

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album