Sunday, December 03, 2017

1977 Catherine's Letter -Dec.2

Tuesday morning
December 1, 1977
Dear Mom, Dad, and Mary Virginia,

Hi!  Thank you for your letter which arrived yesterday – two day service – I guess the mail isn't too bogged down with the Christmas rush yet.  We got our first Christmas card this week.  It was from Gerry's grandparents, they said that Wendy is their 31st great-grandchild.  We have mailed one box to Maine but we still have one more to send – I hope to get it mailed tomorrow and then I'll just have the Christmas cards to get off.

I meant to tell you I did get the sewing machine fixed and I have used it a couple of times.  (I haven't sewed the curtains though.)  They supposedly ordered a booklet for me but I haven't heard from them – I'll have to call them again probably.

Tricia (DeeDee's mother) has offered you the use of her house while they are gone to Canada if you are interested.  I said I would ask you.  It is about a 15 minute drive from our apartment but you could sleep there and still come over here for meals etc.  There are no empty apartments here at the moment but things could change in the next few weeks.  Starting January 1, the rent is going up $10 per month so that may prompt some people to seek another place to live.

We have been thinking about places where we might take you all to eat while you are here.  We went to a real good German restaurant last weekend with Hal & Cindy.  It is near where they used to live.  The food was delicious and the people were very friendly.  We told them we'd probably be back during the holidays.  We also thought you would like the Bit-O-Sweden smorgasbord where there is a lot of variety at a very reasonable cost.  We were also thinking of going to Vacation Village for a buffet Christmas dinner.  Ask John about that – we went there last year for Christmas dinner.

Is Cris's address – 3517 Lilac?  If not, please send me his current address – also, is his wife's name Marita?  I would also like to have Mary Ellen's.  No never mind, the Walkley's.  I just found it in my address book – 10 Penwood.

I finished that blue & green afghan I was working on.  I think I'll wait awhile before starting a new one.  I need to finish that crewel that Gerry gave me lat Christmas.  That reminds me, we hung the hook-rug that Mary Virginia made in the living room and Wendy really likes to look at it – the bight color really attracts her and whenever she is on the sofa she looks at it.  Dee Dee made her a mobile out of cardboard, straws & yarn.  We hung it over her changing area.

Well, I have some dishes that are waiting to be done so I better get a move on.  Write again soon!

Love,
Catherine, Gerry &
Wendy

No comments:

Items from Uible photo album